Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gifted Child?

Camden had his 18 month check up this morning at a new pediatrician here in Castle Rock and she believes that he may be "gifted". She even went as far as to instruct me how to raise a gifted child. I am not denying that he is a pretty smart little boy, but I would never have called him gifted. So maybe we have a future Einstein on our hands. We don't want to forget about Maddy though. She was about at the same level of skills (minus motor skills) that Camden is at now. I think that their intellect would stem mostly from the fact that I am a stay at home mom. I don't stick my kids in daycare; I am with them all day reading and playing together. I believe that both kids are very smart and are eager to learn new things. If nothing else calling Camden gifted both made me laugh a little and feel a sense of pride that I haven't totally messed up as a parent yet.

On another note though I found the best pediatrician's office. They have a sick entrance and a well entrance, the make house calls or meet you at the office when possible late at night rather than referring you to the ER, and she was full of great nutrition tips for getting picky eaters to eat better.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow, gifted huh! I could believe that. He did walk at 9 months!!! I cannot believe how much older your kids look. Its just crazy! Are you enjoying Castle Rock? There is an outlet mall close by. (I'm jealous). Well, I'm glad you started the blog and we can see how life is treating you. Take Care.

Ras Family said...

I'm glad that you started a blog as well. And I think that you are right about our kids being better off that we get to stay at home with them. I know that it has helped my kids, and I love watching them learn new things! Your kids are getting so BIG!!!

Mark and Tawni said...

Crazy, I would love to a pediatricin like that. It does make you proud and feel whorth while when someone else tells you your doing somthing right. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time in montrose. Now we will have to come and see your new place. But know that your always welcome at our place.

denise plant said...

Yaay Jocelyn! I miss seeing you guys! Now I can check your blog and see you all the time!

I always thought Maddy was a genious too. She blew me away with stuff she knew. Way to go Camden!

Are you liking Castle Rock? I hope you are well. Your kids are adorable and so big now!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love hearing things like that! Did you get your scrapbook pages figured out?

Natalia said...

I wouldn't be surprised if both your children are gifted. You are a great mom and would be whether you stayed home or not.

It’s so nice to get a boost of confidence when it comes to parenting just because it doesn’t always feel like things are going the way they should even when they are.