Monday, January 28, 2008

Montrose visit

Since leaving Dahlia Apartments and gaining back our freedom we were able to make a trip to see Brian's family in Montrose, Colorado. I think the timing was a little too close to our trip to Texas. Camden I think had flashbacks of sitting in the car for hours. We only let them watch movies on long trips so once the TVs went on he started screaming. He knew he was going to be in that seat a lot longer than he would like. Other than the car rides the trip was good.

We were able to see Mark and Tawni's new house in Grand Junction as well as meet their daughter, Roxanne for the first time. Camden loved being around a baby smaller than him and was so nice to
her. We met them at Wendy's to get some dinner where Camden tried to share his chicken nuggets with Roxanne. He couldn't understand why no one would let her have one. He thinks they are the greatest food on the planet.





Maddy had a blast playing with her aunt Brooke. Before we got there Maddy had Brooke's weekend all planned out. Lucky for Maddy Brooke is nice enough to play with Maddy for long periods of time. They played the piano, brushed each others' hair, painted their nails, and made a tent in the basement to camp in. Maddy also loved Grandma's collection of markers and colored pencils. Maddy spent countless hours coloring pictures and making decorations at the kitchen table.

I think I would have to say that Camden's favorite part of the trip would probably be the candy from Grandpa. He likes anyone who will feed him candy.


Unfortunately it was so cold while we were there that it wasn't much fun to be outside. Maddy loves the park that is nearby becasue it has a purple slide and was very eager to visit it. It was so cold that Camden didn't even want to play at the park and sat in the car with me (which was fine since I was freezing too) and Maddy only went down the slide 3 or 4 times and then was ready to leave as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice aunt. I bet Maddie LOVED all the attention.