Today is Brian's last day at the Department of Defense. A week long orientation in Washington D.C. begins on Monday. While Camden is still free to fly for another couple of months we are all going to fly out and spend sometime with Anne, Ben, Natalie, and Lincoln. The kids I am sure will have a blast playing with cousins (roughly the same ages), going to the beach, the zoo, swimming, and whatever other adventures we take.
Why not work until Friday at his current job? Because both are federal jobs they require 4 days off in between the two jobs. This works in my advantage in that I get to spend more time on my "mommy trip" in Dallas. My brother, Preston, is graduating high school on Saturday and so I was originally planning to go down Friday night and return Sunday, but after learning of the required break I decided to take advantage of it. I am actually leaving tonight and will return home Sunday morning just in time to take Brian to the airport to leave for D.C. The kids and I will have a very early morning getting ourselves to the airport on Monday to join him.
We (mostly Brian) are excited to start a new job and see where it will take us in life. The current job was good, but because of the closing site rather boring for Brian. The FDIC should be both challenging and rewarding. (Plus a much shorter commute!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That sounds so fun...good luck with the early morning traveling, it sound like it will be worth it!
Fun times! Hopefully the new job is awesome! Sounds like you guys at least get some good trips for the time being huh! Good luck!
Thought I'd drop in and say hi again. D.C. is only two hours from Pam. I'd drop in and see you but...er...it's still 12 hours from me! Hopefully we can see you guys again sometime. Sooner would be better. Cute kids! I was talking to your mom the other day and she was laughing saying you and I should talk since we're in "the same boat". So sad, but so true. These kids are kicking my butt! Have fun on your trips.
Wow, what exciting times! I hope you guys have a blast in D.C. and that the new job fits Brian well!
Post a Comment