
Maddy and Camden swimming at the hotel. (For those of you who don't know this is a huge accomplishment for Camden. He does not like swimming, but seemed okay with it there)
Anne and Ben took us to this great park right next to the airport one night. We took dinner and ate outside and watched the planes fly right over our heads. Plus it was right next to the river with all the boats. Camden had a blast!!! I couldn't believe how close the planes were.
Maddy's crazy pose in front of the White House. Not too long after this we were in huge thunderstorm and had to run for cover. The kids thought it was pretty funny that we were running around trying to get out of the storm.
This is Brian in front of the FDIC building in Washington DC. His orientation was actually at their campus in Arlington.

Maddy flying the plane at the Air and Space Museum.

Camden's turn.

Riding the Metro into DC. Maddy thought this was so fun. We rode it a couple of times from our hotel into DC.

We went to the DC zoo one day and Maddy enjoyed the misters more than any of the animals.

We went to Brownie's Beach (I guess it is part of the Chesapeake Bay) on Friday. Maddy has become obsessed with the beach so we had to take her to one while we had the chance. The great thing about this beach is that you can go way out and still only have the water up to your knees, so it was perfect for the kids. We found shark teeth and sea shells as souvenirs.

Maddy loved the beach and was definitely one of her favorite days of the trip!

Camden found some random toy boat and thought it was so cool.

This is Maddy going to the bathroom. She would not use the ones there and Uncle Ben told her just to go in the water, but she didn't like that idea either (my germ warnings of going in the bathtub I guess carry to all water). So she just spread her legs and let go (I think a few times).
Maddy and Natalie checking out the giraffes.
Maddy trying hug the giraffes. Giraffes have long been her favorite animal, and often asks why she can't pet them at the zoo. Well, thanks to Josh and Erin she got her dream zoo visit. We finally got the visit the Richmond Metro Zoo owned by our friend Josh Andelin's parents. It was the best zoo. You got to get so close to a lot of the animals, and it was not very crowded. Maddy stayed forever at the giraffes feeding and petting them. It made it even better that there was a baby giraffe that she got to pet as well!

Resting at the zoo, and I think it was here that Maddy dropped her water bottle into the animal exhibit and made Brian jump in and get it for her (It was a little mermaid one). Luckily it was just the tortoises, so he was safe.
Lincoln and Uncle Brian relaxing after the zoo trip.
Anne and Ben have a great backyard with all kids of fruit trees. Their sour cherries were ripe so the kids went out to help pick them. Of course Maddy was wearing Natalie's pretty dress up dress.
On a street in DC. Isn't she cute!
This was not an uncommon sight of Camden but it was shocking to see Maddy sleeping. This was the Monday before we left and it was the first time that Maddy took a nap. We went nonstop and so did she. Even when we went to see the memorials until after 11:00 pm she went up to every single one. Every other kids slowly died off and one by one ended up staying in the car with Ben. Maddy just kept going. I guess finally after a week of it she decided she needed a little extra rest.
Cute boys on the slides our last day there. We took the kids to the park for a picnic lunch and some playing on our last day before we had to head to the airport. Those kids became such good friends it is sad that we are not closer to each other to let them visit more often. I really didn't know what to expect with how they would get along, but they were instant friends and got along great the entire visit!
There are so many more pictures to post, but it is late and I am sure this is plenty long. Anne has posted some on her blog and I tried to not do the same ones as her, so if you didn't get enough of our trip you can take a look at her blog.
To sum it all up though we had so much fun and have a lot of great memories to last for a while. And thanks to Anne and Ben for everything, and oh yes, I have met Ben now.




3 comments:
Yea looks like you guys had a great time. Hopefully we will all have some fun when Ben and Anne and everyone is out here. It should be. Hopefully we can get to Denver sometime again and visit you guys. Enjoy the next adventure to Dallas!
Ok, I'm totally jealous! I wanna go visit Anne and Ben. That blows my mind that you had never met Ben. I must admit though that I have only been around him a few times. He's a hoot! Looks like you guys had a LOT of fun. :)
You guys did so much fun stuff! Those pics are so cute and funny. I love Maddy in front of the white house. Reading this post actually made me want to brave a vacation like this with 2 kids...maybe when Avi gets a little older.
Post a Comment