Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter and latest news

I am trying to be better at updating the blog so I wanted to post a couple of pictures of the kids from Easter. We had a very simple, but good Easter.









In other news I also had a birthday at the end of March that was pretty calm. I did however get a new camera so that was the highlight. The next day however a routine doctor visit ended in me going to the hospital. I was starting to go into labor, my stomach was measuring too small and had extremely high levels of blood and protein in my urine so was taken over to labor and delivery in a wheel chair (they wouldn't even let me walk over). I was there for several hours to stop the labor. While there a physician's assistant from my perinatologist office came over to do a biophysical scan (basically an ultrasound where they look for specific thins such as the amount of amniotic fluid, baby movements, heart rate, etc to make sure the baby is still okay). Luckily the baby was still doing well, and once the contractions stopped and they felt I was stabilized they sent me home. However, I am still contracting (not regularly though).

I had another appointment with the perinatologist last week and found that the baby has slowed down off of its previous growth curve. So we have a amniocentesis scheduled for this Monday to check the lung development. Because of the lack of nutrition and level of dehydration I have had they are worried the lungs may not be developed fully at this point. If the lungs are mature enough I will be induced Tuesday morning (almost 3 weeks early). So we could have a new addition next week!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I hope everything works out for you and the baby.

Your kids are darling.

Are you waiting to see what the baby is until it's born? I think that would be fun.

Michael and April said...

Sounds like a lot has been going on. Hopefully everything checks out normally. That's crazy you guys could have a baby next week!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Love the kids Easter clothes. They are SO cute. I will keep you in my prayers! I pray everything goes well for you. We are expecting to have a new addition on May 6th as long as her lungs are developed and I'll have an amniocentesis on May 4th to make sure. GOOD LUCK!!!

Ben and Anne said...

The kids look cute as always. My mom sent an email to let us know you would not be having the baby yesterday--lame--but hopefully things go well next week. You're in our prayers.