Friday, May 2, 2008

Catching up.

It has been a couple of weeks since we last posted anything, and there are a few events to catch up on. First our biggest news (I think) is about Maddy. Many of you may know that Maddy has been half-way potty trained for over a year now, and we have been battling with her to go "poop" (sorry) on the potty. Well a couple of weeks ago she finally did it and has had no problems since. In addition to this new achievement she has also started wearing underwear to bed. We have had some accidents, but we have more dry nights that wet nights. I guess it will continue to be worth it as long as the dry outweigh the wet! YAY FOR MADDY!!!!!

We also finally broke down and got a double jogging stroller. We found a great deal on a used one on craigslist. We even parted with the old one. So now my new goal is to go running with the kids at least a couple of times a week. We will see if it happens or not. I know one thing if it doesn't quite snowing it won't. Yes that is right we received about 6 inches of snow yesterday morning. I can't believe it is May and I am still dealing with snow!

We attended the Castle Rock kite festival. The kids loved watching all the kites. We took Maddy's kite for her to fly and of course the wind was out of control that day and she let go of it and we watched it fly off. But luck was in our favor because it got caught on another kite and we were able to untangle the two kites and get Maddy's back. We went to the park when they got tired of watching kites. Camden, our monkey, had to climb on the climbing wall and luckily was willing to let Brian help.



We also had Mark and Tawni come to Denver from Grand Junction for a couple of days last week. Mark had a training to attend so Tawni and their cute little girl Roxanne came with him. We had a family dinner Wednesday night here at our place and April was able to make it to that as well. It was a lot of fun. Thursday Tawni and I took the kids on a shopping excursion at the mall and then back to the hotel for swimming. Maddy of course loved the pool even though it was not really that warm and did not want to get out, because mermaids stay in the water. Camden was set in the water and immediately wanted out again (we may be in trouble for our summer trip to Texas which will not doubt include lots of swimming). Maddy finally got out to find the hot tub which was only the temperature of a warm bath and decided that pool was better. She found herself in there with Mark and I am pretty sure talked his ear off. She enjoyed herself, I know though. We went to dinner with some friends and had a great time there as well. Camden even had his first ice cream cone with soy ice cream! He thought it was great.

Friday we all left together to head over to Montrose to meet Benjamin's fiance, Raquel. We stayed in Montrose through Tuesday afternoon. It was a good visit and we found Raquel to be a super cute girl. She was so great with Maddy. Maddy is eagerly looking forward to the wedding this July. We had a great visit playing outside everyday, feeding the ducks, going on walks, playing at the park with the purple slide, and visiting with family. I have decided this post is getting long so I will add photos from our trip in another post once I have them all loaded to the computer.

4 comments:

Mark and Tawni said...

That was so much fun. We really need to not let so much time pass tell our next visit.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

So fun! I'm jealous! I haven't seen you guys since you had Maddy I believe. I KNOW I've never seen Camden only pictures. :( Potty training sucks! That much I can say. I have been battling with Austin for like a year now and he used to tell me every time he needed to potty in the toilet but now he will lie straight to my face. :( YUCK! Congrats on the achievement!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for maddy! I can't believe you didn't tell me that. I'm so excited she did it. Sounds like you have been having lots of fun! We miss hanging out with you guys:(

Natalia said...

How awesome to not buy two sets of diapers...that's really what I am looking forward to cause I am cheap. I enjoyed the pics!