Monday, May 25, 2009

Maddy and Camden (and Kensi too)

Since all the attention has been on Kensi, I thought I would do a little update on what Maddy and Camden have been up to these days. Both are very happy to have their mom back to health and to have a baby sister. Kensi gets so much love (a little too much at times).

Maddy got a new bed just days before Kensi was born. Not just any bed, but a QUEEN size bed! She still talks about her new bed that is not only super cozy, but also made for a queen. Plus now we actually have a bed for guests to use when visiting, so come on over!! Here are the 3 kids sitting on Maddy's new bed!




Since Maddy got a new bed that means that her toddler bed was passed down to Camden; who was convinced it was a girl bed because of the princess sheets on it. We changed the sheets to Cars and now he loves it. I was a little worried about moving him out of his crib even though he is almost 3 because he twists and turns and moves all over the place I was worried he would fall off the bed. Well, he hasn't quite fallen off all the way yet.


(yes those are his feet on the floor)

This is a picture of the 3 kids and I on Mother's day a couple of weeks ago. It is still crazy to think that we have 3 kids!


We gave Camden a new summer haircut. We buzzed his hair. I am still not sure if I like it, Brian does though. I guess most importantly is that Camden likes it. This by the way is his favorite shirt. It is orange (his favorite color) and it has a monkey on it. He wears it often!


Maddy still continues to dress up and change her clothes countless times a day. Her latest obsession is the fitted sheet we took of her toddler bed and to use it as a wedding veil.


Last weekend our ward had a father and son camp out that Brian and Camden attempted to go to. Brian plays on a softball team our ward put together and so he had a game that night first; which he took Camden to. The plan was to go to the game and then go over to the camp out. Well, it was raining pretty hard to they decided they didn't really want to set up a tent in the rain and skipped the camp out. I was really sad, because Camden was so excited about going camping with his dad. But while they were gone Maddy and I had a girls night. We made ice cream sundaes and Maddy picked a movie (Dora) from the redbox. We spread a blanket on the floor and ate our ice cream in the living room.


Brian had his birthday last week while he was gone for work in eastern Colorado, so we celebrated a day late when he got home. Kensi decided to dress up for the occasion.


Maddy and I are singing happy birthday to Brian and Camden is throwing a fit in the background because he has not eaten his dinner yet and so is not going to get any cake and is not happy about it.


I wanted to add these photos of the outfit Kensi wore to church yesterday. A friend made the dress, the headband, and even the shoes. It is the cutest outfit. I love it!!! I just wish I could be that talented!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, we get to hear some more from you. You look much happier by the way! We should get together sometime. Meet in the springs and go somewhere or something. So, Maddy and Camden are looking all grown up. Maddy looks like a teenager in the movie picture:) Kensi is super cute. it make me think Avonlea is gargantuan now... Keep the posts coming.

Michael and April said...

Cute pictures! I think Maddy looks really grown up too in the movie picture!

Nezhone said...

Wow! That is a cute outfit. I'm right there with you...I wish I were talented. Your kids are adorable. And you look great Jocelyn. Glad that you're back to being healthy. Tell Brian hello.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Such adorable kids!! Maddy looks very grown up. Kensi's outfit is just too cute. Wish I were that talented too. :)